- Taped Rugs Productions, Charles Rice Goff III, C. Goff III, Thee Instagon Foundation, Acousmatique, Jack Hertz, Greg Segal, Phantom Airship, Justynn Tyme, Dali Krab Day, Hal McGee, Electronic Cottage, Chantey, Chanty, Shanty, John M. Bennett, Frank Audiffrey, FJNA, Stilletid Recordings, Lasse Jensen, Ditlev Buster, cassette culture, home recording, home taper, sound collage, noise, improvisation, improv, avant garde, experimental, musique concrete, electronic music, plunderphonics, for fans of Pierre Schaeffer, for fans of George Orwell
by Taped Rugs Productions
1 The Sound Of Falling Tables
3 The Jetsons' Treadmill
4 Reuben Ranzo
5 Remedial Reeding
6 Crab 'Em By The Legs
8 La Fellation Après Le Dîner Est Bonne Pour Le Dos
9 Lulled On The Shores Of Atmosphere
10 Victory To The Proles
"Treadmilagros" is a compilation of Taped Rugs recordings which have been created and/or published through the collaborative efforts of various artists and producers between 2018 and 2019. This collection shows off exactly how, after nearly 40 years, the Taped Rugs mold continues to forge recordings with a wide variety of styles and compositional techniques, while maintaining a consistently experimental attitude.
1) Tracks 1, 3, 5, and 8 were created by Frank Audiffret (aka: FJNA) and C. Goff III between June and December, 2018. Tracks 1 and 8 feature modifications of MIDI files that were composed via score-writing software. Track 3 blends modified electronic toys with modified exercise equipment. Track 5 stirs PVC woodwinds into a percussive cookie jar. Of all these, only Track 1: "The Sound Of Falling Tables," has previously been released to the public, on the album featuring various artists: "Stilletid #26," produced by Stilletid in 2019.
Albums by Frank Audiffret/FJNA:
The Sound Of Falling Tables, Stilletid #26, Stilletid Recordings, 2019:
2) Track 2 is C. Goff III's audio interpretation of John M. Bennett's poem: "Tornatrueno." Bennett had brought the poem to the attention of Electronic Cottage (EC) Website readers in May, 2018. Soon afterward, some EC readers began posting original audio interpretations of the poem on the EC website. Goff created one himself; however, the Electronic Cottage (Weebly) website began experiencing technical problems just as he finished it. By the time all the tech issues had passed, Goff felt the time for sharing his interpretation had also passed. Goff's "Tornatrueno" makes its first public appearance here in the Treadmilagros collection.
John Bennett's May, 2018 Electronic Cottage Post:
3) Track 4 is a C. Goff III interpretation of the 19th Century traditional whalers' chantey: "Reuben Ranzo." Goff's correspondence with an old friend on the subject of sailing ships piqued his interest in sea chanteys and inspired this recording. Sung by sailors for decades, "Reuben Ranzo" developed a wide range of lyrics. Goff's version cuts and pastes several versions of the song into a unique presentation. He submitted a recording to Electronic Cottage to be included on a compilation of various artists' works, which was released publicly by EC on cassette in October, 2019. The recording on Treadmilagros is the original from which the EC version was cut.
Electronic Cottage Guidelines For Its "Cassette Compilation #6, Rubber Stamp Sound":
4) Track 6 is the soundtrack to a video that C. Goff III produced for Justynn Tyme's 2019 "Dali Krab Day." This video is available for viewing at the link below:
Justynn Tyme's Dali Krab Website:
5) Track 7 was created by C. Goff III and Greg Segal, and made its public debut on Segal's "Visible" album, released in 2018. On this piece, Segal shows off his talents with editing verbiage, while Goff supplies voices and beats. The Russian name of the piece translates to "Fake News" in English.
Поддельные.новости, Visible, Phantom Airship, 2018:
6) C. Goff III offered Track 9 to Jack Hertz for his Acousmatique 2019 birthday tribute to the late composer, Pierre Schaeffer. A variety of artists contributed to the tribute, entitled: "In-Itself-Ness Of The Sound." Goff's recording made its public debut on his 2006 "Pink Wooden Bodies" album.
Lulled On The Shores Of Atmosphere, In-Itself-Ness Of The Sound, Acousmatique, 2019:
Pink Wooden Bodies:
7) C. Goff III offered Track 10 to Thee Instagon Foundation for its fourth "Complexity" compilation of various artists' recordings. The track is credited to one of Goff's alter-egos: Glarmen Glamours, and first appeared publicly on the 2017 Taped Rugs "Untopia" album. "Untopia" is an integration of George Orwell's 1949 work of literary fiction: "1984" with America's 2017 reality. Complexity is an ongoing series featuring sound, art, & words.
Victory To The Prolls, Complexity 4, Thee Instagon, 2018:
Copyright 2006, 2017, 2018, 2019
by Taped Rugs Productions
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
- 2019-11-18 20:56:46
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4
Uploaded by Taped Rugs Productions on